The first Board of Education meeting of the new school year will be tonight Wednesday July 2, 2014 at the Cioni Building.
The Board of Education candidates, including new Board of Ed member Priscilla Lowe will take their oath of office at 6pm and the BOE will elect their President and Vice President for the coming year (before going into executive session). The agenda indicates that public session is expected to resume at 7pm.
Items on the agenda include:
- personnel and property matters (in executive session)
- End of Year Updates – Superintendent’s Report
- a variety of yearly authorizations, designations required for board functioning
- Board of Education meeting schedule for the 2014-2015 school year
- many personnel resolutions
- a few school volunteers are being approved (per policy no 1250)
- BOE committee assignments
- committee reports
- adoption of changes to BOE policies 5150 School Admissions and 5420 Student Health Services (read in at the last BOE meeting)