The first Kingston Board of Education meeting for 2015 will be held tonight in the Cioni Building on Crown Street. Public comment is expected to begin at 7pm. The agenda for the meeting is available here on the Kingston City School District website.
The Superintendent’s Report portion of the meeting includes:
- Ulster BOCES – Dr. Charles Khoury
- JFK Playground Update
- District Recognitions – Mr. Glen Maisch, SRO Harry Woltman, Rachel Meyers
- Meagher RFP
Other items that I find of particular note to parents include:
- Adoption of a new textbook for the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program at KHS
- KCSD supporting complaint filed on December 13, 2013 by Enlarged City School District of Middletown with the Office of Civil Rights within the United States Department of Education regarding discriminatory state aid.
- Declaration of January 19-23, 2015 as No Name Calling Week
- Changes to Policies 1900 School-Family-Community Partnership, 5110 School Attendance Boundaries, 5500 Student Records, 8635 Information Security Breach and Notification
Hope you can attend the Board of Education meeting tonight or listen to the meeting from home via the public access cable channel (not sure if it is available via live-streaming on the district website or not).
Note: the next Board of Education meeting is scheduled for January 21, 2015 at George Washington elementary school.