The Kingston City School District draft budget for 2016-2017 was presented to the Board of Education last Wednesday. At the next Board of Education meeting on April 20, the board will be voting to approve the budget that will be presented to the voters on May 17, 2016.
You have between now and April 20 to examine the budget and ask questions and/or voice your opinion to the school board members regarding spending priorities and the key ingredients in a KCSD education.
The District Wide Parents Council (DWPC) is having an additional meeting next Friday 4/15, at the Cioni Building, 61 Crown Street 9:30am -11am to discuss questions and concerns about the draft budget. A representative from the District Business Office has been invited to answer questions. If you have specific questions about the budget, get them to me (Jolyn) by Tuesday April 12 and I will forward them to the DWPC corresponding secretary for inclusion with other questions being compiled in advance of the 4/15 meeting.
All are welcome to attend the DWPC meeting on April 15. UPDATE Meeting canceled.
Resources and events related to the KCSD budget:
- Budget presentation/highlights on the KCSD web site including the draft version of the KCSD 2016-2017 budget, a summary and several presentations about the draft budget and video of the various community budget forums as well as the April 6 Board of Education meeting
- Rescheduled digital budget forum – Tuesday April 12, 2016 11:15am -11:45am Visit this page to learn how to participate in the digital budget forum
- Coffee and Conversation with Board of Education members – Tuesday April 12, 2016 6pm New Progressive Baptist Church
- Coffee and Conversation with Board of Education members – Thursday April 14, 2016 8:30am Uptown Coffee
- DWPC questions/answer meeting about the 2016-17 draft budget – Friday April 15, 2016 9:30am – 11:00am
- District wide Budget Vote – Tuesday May 17, 2016