I encourage parents to stop by the Coffee and Conversation at the Cioni Building this Saturday from 9:30 – 11:00 am.
You can ask a question** or just say hello and hear what other parents/community members are talking about.
Superintendent of Schools Dr. Paul Padalino and members of the Kingston Board of Education will be in attendance.
**If you don’t think you have anything to ask about, here are some topics I have heard parents discussing that might trigger a question for you:
- construction at KHS
- upcoming NYS standardized testing
- local testing and its role in teacher evaluation
- impact of Common Core on Regents tests and graduation
- special education
- violent incidents particularly at the middle schools
- restorative justice
- school-to-prison pipeline
- suspension rates
Also remember that the school district is preparing the annual school budget and the Board of Education will be approving the budget in April (and we the voters will vote in May) so now is a good time to ask budget-related questions.