I am a parent in the Kingston City School District and I have a passion to help parents be informed regarding the many education issues and things to do as our children move from Kindergarten through Twelfth grade.
So many things to do and so little time!
- Deciding what to discuss during teacher conferences
- Helping our student with his/her homework
- Deciding whether to opt-out/refuse the standardized tests (or why would anyone want to do that in the first place?)
- Figuring out how Common Core State Standards might impact the education that students here in Kingston will receive
- Dealing with bullying in our schools
- and on the list goes!
My hope for the Education Corner is to pull information together from various places to make it easier for parents to access and also provide a place for parents to talk about topics important to our district.
Let’s make Kingston a place where parents come together and help our children receive the best possible education!
Let me know what you would like to discuss.