Ulster County Resolution No. 350, which urges the New York State Legislature to move forward on bills A07994 and S06267 to discontinue implementation of the common core state standards, will be discussed by The Legislative Programs, Education and Community Services Committee tomorrow Wednesday October 15, 2014 at 5pm. The committee must approve the resolution in order for it to be presented to the full Ulster County legislature on October 21, 2014.
Please contact the committee members today, Chairman David Donaldson and Legislators Archer, Gregorius, Lopez and Wawro, to urge them to bring this resolution to the full legislature for discussion on October 21, 2014. Be sure to include any personal impact or difficulty that Common Core has placed upon your student(s) and/or family since its introduction.
- David Donaldson – District No. 6 – City of Kingston – (845) 399-8709 or (845) 331-8985 email@example.com
- Mary Wawro – District No. 1 – Town of Saugerties – (845) 246-1017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig Lopez – District No. 14 – Town of Shawangunk, Town of Wawarsing – (845) 382-9446 email@example.com
- Lynn Archer – District No. 21 – Town of Rochester, Town of Wawarsing – (845) 626-7358 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donald Gregorius – District No. 23 – Town of Hurley, Town of Woodstock – (845) 679-8926 email@example.com
Click here for details of Resolution No. 350 and the legislative session on October 21, 2014.
Supporting The Reintroduction and Passage Of New York State Assembly Bill 07994 And Senate Bill 06267, An Act To Amend The Education Law, In Relation To The Common Core State Standards Initiative And The Race To The Top Program